Finally, online multiplayer!
I've updated the browser plugin to finally support full online multiplayer! Go try it! I think the plugin is now stable enough that I am promoting it as the officially recommended method of playing the game. :)
Of course, there are still some problems. Namely, in Internet Explorer the mouse control doesn't work. Testing so far has shown Firefox 3 and Chrome (on Windows) handle the game very well.
So give it a whirl, and please post any errors or bugs you get, along with your OS and browser!
 Complete feature list:
- The lobby server is finally live!
- Reloading and clips. Units that are reloading are highlighted to show their vulnerability.
- Shadow mapping
- New map: "Orbital"
- Improved unit controls: you can only buy two helper units now, but you can control them more easily with the Q and E keys.
- New weapon: Pistol. Shoots darts capable of pinning enemies to the wall in certain circumstances.
- Shattering glass; AI bots can't see or pathfind through the glass. You can shoot the glass to let them through, or leave it and use it to your advantage.
- Drastically improved network performance and reliability. In addition to a slew of bug fixes and optimizations, the new network code uses data compression and client-side interpolation to keep things running smooth. Bandwidth usage was cut down by about 60% in some cases.