Lemma Release 2
Here's an extremely cut-down demo! No tutorial, no story, no explanation, just showing off new moves, new enemies, and the new weapon.
Download it here for free. Please let me know what you think!
Super-Awesome Change List
- Totally new block dissolve effects and sounds. Preeeettty
- A new move that builds a platform of blocks and jumps you to the end of it.
- The kick is gone; instead you can now roll at any time, which not only prevents you from receiving fall damage, but also blasts through any breakable blocks in front of you and if you're in mid-air, tries to build a platform beneath you.
- New aiming system that lets you know if you're able to jump to the target or not.
- A new type of exploding block.
- A "tower" enemy that falls on you if you get too close.
- Brand-new pistol, complete with reload animation, iron sight functionality, and magazine pick-ups.
- When you die, you now drop the pistol and phone, so you have to go pick them up again.
- You can now change the mouse sensitivity and key bindings.
- The MSI installer was replaced by a simple Zip archive with a separate executable that makes sure everything is installed. Now it will be easier for me to push out more frequent updates.
- More tweaks than I have time to list, including animation improvements, lots of new and improved sounds, performance optimizations, and bug fixes.
Stuff To Look Forward To
- I've been experimenting with chunks of blocks that are not affected by gravity. It's fun.
- A "power" system where you can turn things on and off by connecting them with blocks built via the parkour moves.
- A "vine" enemy that tries to build a cage around you and crush you to death.
- A more open-world design for the island, focused on a central area surrounded by different sections you can visit. (Somewhat inspired by Bastion, which I got to enjoy this summer)
- I revamped the story to better complement the gameplay and new open-world design, and I can't say much now but I'm realllly excited about it!
Thanks for reading. Now it's back to the grindstone for me!